Friday, October 26, 2012

Pixar Model Render


For my first solo render I decided to take my model of Heimlich and breath some life into him. The hands feet and dots on his back use a simple Blinn red texture. The body is a Lambert texture with a Ramp shader. The antenna like the hands and feet are a Blinn texture but also use a Ramp shader to transition from green to red. The eyes use a Phong texture and a Ramp shader.

To light the scene I used 3 spotlights; one pointing 45˚ down and 45˚over from the right, one pointing 45˚ down and 45˚over from the left, and one pointing 60˚ down from the very back of the figure. This is a standard lighting scene used in stage lighting.

To create the background I found and image of a leaf with a fly resting on it online. Using Photoshop I removed the fly and adjusted the image resolution to avoid pixilation. I then created a Polygonal plane and imported the image into the plane's texture. I adjusted the plane so that it would appear as though Heimlich were resting on the leaf and created several renders of the image. Choosing my favorite picture I did some final touch-ups in Photoshop and this was the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment